Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The Rollercoaster Contines

I went for a doctor's appointment yesterday to ensure that I was strong enough for today's session of chemo and found out that my counts were too low. They retested them all this morning to see if by chance they have come up overnight. Now we are jumping at every phone call that comes in to see what our day holds.

There are obviously good and bad things about whatever happens, but ultimately if I'm not healthy enough to get through another round today, then it's best that I wait until next week. The hardest part about this will be my Christmas plans will have to be changed.

This is another "test" of this whole process for me. As you know, I am a planner and live by planning in advance many aspects of my life. So, when one thing gets moved back a week, it is really hard for me to think about replanning everything.

To all those "last minute" kind of people ... this kind of living by the moment is really hard, you'll have to send me some pointers!

1 comment:

  1. Gotta jump on that last minute planning comment. You need to train yourself to be late for everything and then last minute changes become a breeze. I think it was all the dancing on Friday night that lowered your counts, but you looked great and it was great to see you having so much fun.

    ReplyDelete